Wow! I’ve been kindly nominated for the Liebster Award by Caroline of Silent D and Me, and I am so excited! Thank you, Caroline, for the nomination!
“Liebster” is a German word that has several definitions, including dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, and sweetheart. The Liebster Award is an online community-building award given from bloggers to fellow bloggers that encourages blogs to be discovered and shared. Here are the rules:
- Share the blog that nominated you and thank them.
- Answer the blogger’s 11 questions.
- Give 11 random facts about you.
- Nominate 11 blogs for the award.
- Notify the bloggers of your nomination.
- Give 11 questions for them to answer.
Answers to Caroline’s Questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog to show and share how becoming the healthiest and happiest version of ourselves does not have to be as difficult, shame/guilt-inducing, or unhappy as it often is. I wanted to share health and wellness tips that I find myself often discussing with clients, who are mostly everyday employees and employers. By joining the blogging community, I am learning from other bloggers about the lived experience of those living with health conditions on one end of the spectrum and of those who are relatively healthy on the other. Most people hope and want to be their best self and to live as happily and healthfully as possible, and learning about each individuals’ barriers to this is fascinating and figuring out solutions is fun!
2. What’s your happiest memory?
There are so many – it’s hard to rank and choose just one each day! I tend to remember and dwell on unhappy things too much, so I actually make it a practice to think about a happy moment of each day before I sleep. I often do this on my drive home from work, especially after the tough days. My happy memory of today is coming home from going grocery shopping at Costco with my boyfriend, both of us carrying things in our arms, climbing up the stairs, playing tetris to both get up on our tiny landing to hand off the keys and get the door open, while I’m telling him about my family’s latest shenanigans.
3. What would be the title of your autobiography?
Hm, tough question. I think it would be, “Thank You for Noticing that I’m Stronger Than I Look.” Or “Yes, I’m 13: A Nomad OT’s Journey Back Home.” I think I like the second one. Thank you, boyfriend. (I called for help – is that cheating?)
4. Who would play you, in a film of your life story?
Jennifer Lawrence. Because she’s a hilarious, clumsy, awesome badass. She would have to just squat quite a bit during filming, heh.
5. Which is your favourite season?
I live in LA, so all the seasons are my favorite seasons! 🙂 If I had to choose, though, I think my favorite season would be Fall. Not only do wardrobes change, but attitudes do too. Maybe because I live with a doctoral student, but Fall is still a season of energy. I usually feel recharged after the summer and am looking forward to all the holidays at the end of the Year. And of course, I love all the Fall Fashion Week hubbub and live vicariously through the fashion people I follow on social media.
6. If the world was going to end tomorrow, how would you spend your last day?
Assuming there was no way to help stop this from happening, I would go home to be with my family, eat my grandma’s and dad’s cooking, play board games, and share stories about our happiest memories together. And eat a lot of chocolate. And maybe take my whole family out to the wilderness and spend the night under the stars.
7. If you had to pick a new first name for yourself, what would it be?
Madison. I’m in love with gender neutral names since I am a bit of a tomboy, and Madison is one of my favorites. Charlie being second.
8. Who would be your ultimate dinner party guests?
My family and my best friends. Maybe having Jennifer Lawrence and/or Dan Savage would be interesting.
9. If you could give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
People will keep telling you “you can’t” and doubt you with “You’re going to (blank)?” but they are mostly projecting their own insecurities. And sometimes you get really mad at this, but that’s ok. Learn from it all, and stay kind.
10. What’s your favourite quote?
“I don’t fart. I whisper in my panties.” – Pinterest…and every girl ever?
11. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
“As opposed to thinking about what friends and family are thinking about your actions, always remember to think about whether what you are doing made you happy or if it’s something that you needed to do in the moment. If it was, then you did the best that you could. If not, then it’s time to make some changes.” – My therapist.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I am currently going through a pitbull phase (you know, constantly pinning and sharing and oohing and aahing pitbull pictures).
- I LOVE chocolate.
- My favorite tea is mint.
- My brother and I have matching tattoos. I love him to death, and I miss how close we used to be, but I understand that comes in waves between siblings.
- I visited at least 30 apartments before choosing the current one that I live in as well as the last. And I cherish(ed) every single minute in each of them.
- My parents are my heroes. I hope I can turn out to be half the parents that they are or have as successful a marriage when it’s my turn.
- I love being outside in the sun – hiking, sitting, reading, breathing, daydreaming, talking.
- I want to live in NYC for at least 3 months.
- Moving back home to the Bay is still a little scary to me.
- My favorite sense is smell.
- My dream career is to become an in-house occupational therapist/ergonomist/wellness coach for a few corporate companies.
I would love to nominate the following amazing bloggers for the Liebster Award:
- Galina from HeartsEverywhere
- Jessann from The Means & The Motive
- Karen from Flipside of the Bikini
- Emmy from My Scoli Story
- Alex from Masked Brave Regrets
- Zoe from Zoe’s Mental Notes
- Dizzie Tessie
- Molly from A Fragile Heroine
- Fela from My Journey with Endo
Questions for Nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What was your most significant writing moment?
- What is your weirdest sensory like or dislike? (Most liked/hated smell/taste/sound, etc?)
- Who was your first love? And why did you love them?
- What is your favorite talent and how did you discover it?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What does your dream life look like in 10 years? The more specific the better!
- Name 3 of your favorite artists (musical, visual, etc.).
- How do you handle a stressful day?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What advice can you give to other bloggers in regards to staying healthy?